Stretching EX Machine
Designed to be used for Stretching Exercises
to Support Flexiblity and Range of Motion
Sale Price - Only $139.00!
Add to Cart
The Stretching EX is a stretching machine and a great device for helping one maintain and improve flexibility, muscle tone and range of motion. I think one of the biggest questions has always been with fitness enthusiasts is "To Stretch or not to Stretch". How necessary is it to be flexible? It seems some say its important you should do it, some say you don't need to do it. The opinion has wavered throughout the fitness world for years. One thing is certain, you need to maintain balance within your muscles. It is said that Stretching helps to maintain and improve the range of motion of our muscles especially the muscles specific to our joints. While Exercising is needed to strengthen and support the muscles throughout our body that are weak. It seems that an imbalance within our muscles is what can lead to muscle injuries and muscle strains. So, I do stretching exercises because I feel it is an important part of maintaining the proper balance needed for optimal physical performance and health. If you feel the same, then the Stretching EXercise Machine is for you. You can use it by itself or in conjunction with the passive aerobic exercise of the Sun Ancon Chi Machine.
What is Stretching
According to Wikipedia, Stretching is a form of physical exercise in which a specific muscle or tendon (or muscle group) is deliberately flexed or stretched in order to improve the muscle's felt elasticity and achieve comfortable muscle tone. Stretching is actually a natural part of animal and human behaviour. Those of you, like me, who are animal lovers know that whenever your dog or cat awakens, they stretch!
Some Benefits Associated with Stretching Exercises
- Improves flexibility which leads to improved range of motion
- Increases blood flow to the muscles and the joints
- Leads to better posture because stretching your lower back, chest or shoulder muscles helps to keep the spine aligned.
- Promotes relaxation and stress relief similar to other types of exercise
- Increases energy - muscles that have a full range of motion work more effectively
Stretching Machine EX Product Specifications
- Product Range - 5 to 30 degree with the ability to be set in 5 degree intervals
- Maximum Weight Bearing - 330 lbs
- Dimensions - 14.96” inches Wide by 16.43 inches Long, by 5.83 inches High
- Product Weight - 9.9 lbs
How to Use the Stretching EXercise Machine
The Stretching EX was designed to stretch the limbs and body to extend points that enhance the body's flexibility. Its main function is to relieve muscle pain, fatigue and regain muscle strength. It was designed so that when you step on the elevated angle foot plate, it naturally changes the body’s center of gravity causing your body to lean forward, which straightens the spine and allows for limbs to stretch to their capacity.
Getting the Stretching EX Ready for Use:
- Place the device on a level surface about 8 inches or 20 cm away from the wall
- Make sure the pedal surface is free of any objects
- Install the measuring scale so you can obtain measuring results before and after the exercise
- Install the protective pad on the tube to add comfort during your stretching exercise.
- Set the operating angle - Use the red bracket to adjust the angle in 5, 10 or 15 degrees and Use the blue bracket to adjust the angle in 20, 25 or 30 degrees.
Stretching Exercise Combination.
The below combination should be completed within 5 minues and can be done 2 times per day.
Begin with obtaining your body flexibility index. Stand on the paddle and push down your upper body, using your fingers as a cursor to push the ruler panel. This will obtain your flexibility index before you begin the Stretching Exercise Combination.
1. Warm Up - Stand against the protector tube with your feet flat on the paddle. Do not bend your knees and stand up straight for 60 – 90 seconds. It is best to do the stretching with bare feet, however you can do it with socks or shoes. Use either the red or blue bracket to adjust the proper angle for the paddle. Remember to start out easy, because any elevation may result in a slight feeling of muscle pain.
2. Upper Back Stretch – Extend both arms upward and count to 10
3. Arm Stretch – Lower both arms to shoulder level and extend them pushing forward. Count to 10
4. Upper Trunk Stretch – Extend one arm across your body, use the other hand to push your elbow against your body and count for 10 seconds. Repeat on the other arm. Repeat the exercise 5 times
5. Lower Back Stretch – Move upper trunk forward by placing both hands on your knees. Slowly bend your knees and ensure your heels are in full contact with the paddle. Hold it for 10 seconds and repeat 10 times.
6. Hip Stretch – Bend the right knee, leaving the left knee straight. Place your left hand on the left side of the hip, extending the right hand down to the floor. Allow the upper trunk to bend forward and reach down as low as possible for 10 seconds. Repeat on the left knee. Repeat this stretch 5 times
7. Full back stretch – Extend both arms down and allow the upper trunk to bend forward. Keep breathing and allow the weight of your shoulder to push you down as low as possible. Count 10 seconds and repeat 2 times.
Remember all types of exercise serve a common mission. Exercises are a discipline and can be used in the prevention and treatment of human disease. Stretching is one form of exercise that can be used to promote human health, improving one's resistance to disease. All types of exercise should be used to improve and maintain the viability of our survival and the quality of our health.
Sale Price - Only $139.00!
Add to Cart
Precautions: It is important to develop your exercise regime gradually. Do not rush to reach the maximum angle for stretching. Otherwise it could cause muscle or nerve pain. Make sure to consult with a doctor for suitable use if you have any concerns with your health. Like all exercise, do not use before and after a meal.